Approved By Home
Approved By Host
Name of Person
AIESEC in Delhi IIT
Name of Person
Field of Study
Years Of Experience
City of Residence
Level of Education
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Why are you the best candidate for this position
Da Nang, Viet Nam
Alok International Private Limited
My name is Hien Tran and I would like to express my interest in the Business Development Intern position at Alok International. As a current student in Accounting and Finance at the University of Manitoba, Alok International strongly interests me as a company having good reputation in the domestic and international market. Moreover, working with Alok International, and learning about its business model as well as developing such skills as market research during the job will give me valuable experience for my future career.
I believe my skills and experience will be of value to Alok International for the following reasons:
- During my time at school, I was involved in multiple volunteering activities for the school community. Through those activities, I learnt to take ownership of my assigned responsibilities, and communicate and work effectively with other team members. I was a fundraising member at Science Rendezvous, a science festival that is held every year across Canada, where I made calls and wrote emails to sponsors. I was also an assistant for various events in the faculty, such as being a campus tour guide for newcomers and a receptionist for the student association’s office and other events.
- Working as a waitress at CHU Hotel gave me the chance to work under pressure as it is a fast-paced environment, especially during busy hours.
- My attention to details was developed during my time working as an accounting intern at the Sub-Institute for Labour and Environment Protection in Central Viet Nam, where I was responsible for keeping accurate financial records daily.
- Participating in an entrepreneurship competition in the faculty allowed me to showcase my creativity and problem-solving skills. My idea of offering financial education services to young people was chosen among other ideas suggested by the team. When conflicts arised due to the difference in viewpoints from each team member, I communicated effectively to resolve them with other members. In the end, our team’s pitch was chosen as one of the finalists in the competition.
- I have been conducting my study online for almost a year so I am experienced in using Zoom, Google Suites and other Google apps (Docs, Sheet, Slides). I also use Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point regularly as part of my study for investment analysis, business pitch and report writing.
- Because all my classes are now online, I am available in Viet Nam until the end of 2021 and will be able to commit to this position during the time ahead.
Real life experience is crucial to learning, therefore I am very eager to apply my knowledge and experience at Alok International to learn and add value to the company. I believe I would be a good fit for a long-established company like Alok International.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.